Texas Car Accident Lawyer
Texas car crash victims often face serious consequences, including debilitating injuries and significant financial burdens. If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a collision, our skilled Texas car accident lawyers can help. Call us at 866-552-1801 for your free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and how our team can help.
3800 North Lamar Blvd Suite #200 Austin, Texas 78756
Car accidents are everyday occurrences on Texas roads and throughout the country. Some are fairly minor. Others are devastating. In all cases, however, injured victims deserve excellent legal representation when injured at little to no fault of their own.
At Shamieh Law, our Texas personal injury attorneys help clients across the state get their lives back on track after being injured in auto accidents. We have the skills and resources to thoroughly investigate your case and will work to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Why Work with the Texas Car Accident Attorneys at Shamieh Law?
Our legal team has over a decade of experience helping victims of auto accidents. Our award-winning attorneys have a deep knowledge of Texas law and experience that helps them identify and avoid potential pitfalls that may lead to a lower settlement.
We strive to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity in all we do. That is why we are dedicated to “Winning With Awareness.” This means we put our clients first, treating each one like a family member and handling their cases with utmost care and consideration. We also strive to build and maintain a robust network of professional relationships by treating everyone with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Our work ethic, top-notch advocacy skills, and empathetic approach allow us to secure optimal results for our clients. We take great pride in our work helping injury victims struggling with the aftermath of accidents and personal injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash, our Texas car accident lawyers can provide the experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate legal representation you deserve.
Texas Auto Accident Case Results
Our auto accident lawyers in Texas are dedicated to helping clients get the outstanding case results they need to recover after a crash. Here are some of our recent car accident case results:
- $650,000 after a defendant failed to yield to the right of way, causing a three-car collision resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- $600,000 after a rear-end collision resulted in cervical disc replacement surgery.
- $500,000 after a minor drove their parents’ car the wrong way down the street and caused a head-on crash before fleeing the scene.
- $450,000 after a commercial vehicle failed to yield the right of way, causing an accident and injuries requiring a spinal fusion.
- $375,000 after a rear-end collision pushed our client off the road, resulting in injuries requiring three spinal injections and cervical/lumbar surgery recommendations.
- $350,000 after a defendant’s car rolled over after he ran a red light at high speed, causing traumatic brain injuries.
- $295,000 after a pickup truck rear-ended the plaintiff, who suffered a torn rotator cuff and spinal injury.
- $285,000 after a defendant caused a rear-end collision while driving a tow truck, requiring surgery for our client to repair a torn rotator cuff.
- $250,000 after a single-car high-speed accident resulted in traumatic brain injuries, multiple fractures, and a torn shoulder.
- $250,000 after the defendant pulled out in front of another vehicle, causing a car accident that resulted in our client suffering lumbar herniations.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
Unfortunately, car accidents are quite common in Texas. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, our state saw more fatal crashes than any other in 2021, with a total of 4,498 deaths in 4,068 crashes.
The numbers did not improve in the following year. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there was one crash fatality on Texas roads about every two hours in 2022. Further, in that same year, someone was injured in a crash every two minutes and nine seconds, leading to a total of 244,092 injuries in 2022. Further still, a reportable crash occurred once every 57 seconds.
As these numbers show, traffic accidents are a serious problem in our state. Blameless victims have a right to legal compensation from at-fault parties and deserve excellent legal representation. Shamieh Law can help.
Types of Car Accident Cases Our Attorneys Handle
Each accident case is unique and requires a skilled Texas car accident attorney who can provide the personalized representation needed for a successful outcome. At Shamieh Law, we have extensive experience handling a wide variety of auto accidents, including:
- Blind spot accidents
- DWI/DUI accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Low-speed accidents
- Merging accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Multi-vehicle pileups
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Rental car accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Side-impact collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Airbag failure accidents
- Uber, Lyft, and rideshare accidents
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Texas
Texas roads and highways are dynamic spaces, especially when traffic is heavy or driving conditions are less than optimal. Ultimately, it is impossible to list every potential cause of car accidents. However, there are some common causes of accidents our car accident lawyers in Texas often see, including:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Wrong-way driving
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failure to yield the right of way
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
The variety of injuries you can sustain in a car accident is endless. No matter how minor you think yours may be, do not hesitate to have them evaluated by your doctor. Their medical conclusions will carry great weight when calculating your compensation, so it is important that your injuries and treatment be thoroughly documented.
Some common injuries we see in car accident cases we handle include:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Chest injuries, such as cracked ribs and fractured collarbones
- Spinal cord injuries, such as damaged discs and fractured vertebrae
- Lower back injuries, such as herniated discs
- Facial injuries, such as broken noses and dental trauma
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Psychological trauma, such as emotional distress and PTSD
Our Texas car accident attorneys have handled cases ranging from minor to catastrophic. We are ready to do the same for you. Call us at 866-552-1801 for your free consultation today.
How Our Texas Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
The aftermath of a car accident can be chaotic and stressful, leaving you feeling overwhelmed and helpless. Between lost wages and steep medical bills, the cost of a serious car accident can quickly become a huge financial burden. That is where the skilled Texas car accident lawyers at Shamieh Law come in.
We have extensive experience handling car accident claims and have helped hundreds of crash victims secure compensation for their injuries and losses. We understand common tactics used by insurers eager to deny your claim, the intricacies of the Texas legal system, and the unique challenges that may arise in your car accident case. Among other things, we will:
- Make sure you know your full legal rights and options.
- Investigate the governing law.
- Identify relevant cases that were similar to yours.
- Collect all available evidence.
- Calculate your full and fair compensation.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, and filings in your case.
- Make sure no deadlines are missed.
- Negotiate with insurance companies.
- Present your case in court.
You can count on our team to keep you informed about the status of your case. As you focus on recovery, you can rest assured that your case is in capable hands.
How Much is a Car Accident Case Worth in Texas?
The value of your Texas car accident case will depend on many factors specific to your situation, including the severity of your injuries and the likelihood of a full recovery. However, it is important to remember that each car accident case is unique and that it is impossible to guarantee the amount you can ultimately receive in compensation through a lawsuit.
Our experienced Texas car accident attorneys can evaluate the facts of your case and help give you an idea of how much it may be worth. We can help you pursue several types of compensation through a car accident lawsuit, including economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
Economic damages are meant to compensate for the aspects of your injuries and losses that can be reduced to a monetary value. By contrast, non-economic damages are meant to compensate for the more subjective aspects of your injuries that cannot be reduced in this way. Together, they may compensate you for things like:
- The cost of past and future medical expenses
- The cost of long-term care and support
- Lost wages and lowered future earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage repair or replacement costs
- Wrongful death
Our knowledgeable legal team can help you determine what types of compensation are available in your situation.
How is Fault Determined in a Texas Car Accident Lawsuit?
From negligent drivers to vehicle manufacturers, multiple parties can be held liable for causing a car accident. Determining liability requires a careful investigation to examine all aspects of the incident. A Texas car accident injury lawyer can help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
In most cases, liability is established by proving that someone was negligent. Doing so requires proving four legal elements. They are as follows:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to avoid harming others.
- The defendant breached their duty of care.
- The plaintiff was injured or suffered a loss.
- The plaintiff’s injuries and losses were caused by the defendant’s breach of duty.
To prove these elements, our experienced Texas car crash attorneys will conduct a thorough, independent investigation to uncover critical evidence, investigate the governing law, and apply their findings to the facts of your case.
What If You Are Partly At Fault in a Car Accident?
Many of our clients wonder whether they can recover compensation if they themselves were partly responsible. Fortunately, yes. Under the comparative negligence rule applied by Texas courts, accident victims can recover compensation for injuries so long as they are 50 percent or less at fault for the underlying accident.
However, their compensation will be reduced in proportion to their responsibility. For example, suppose you were injured in a truck accident in which you sustained $100,000 in damages. The jury finds that you were going 5 miles over the speed limit, but also that the trucker failed to check their blind spots. If the jury decides that you were 15 percent responsible, your compensation will be reduced to $85,000.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident in Texas?
Most personal injury claims in Texas are subject to its two-year statute of limitations. This means victims injured in car accidents only have two years from their date of injury to file a claim against the at-fault party.
There are some narrow exceptions to this rule. For example, if the defendant in your case leaves the state at some point after the accident, the two-year countdown pauses. However, because failing to file before the correct deadline results in your case being dismissed in court, it is best to consult with an auto accident attorney to make sure an exception applies to your case.
What to Do After an Auto Accident
The steps you take immediately after an accident can turn the tide for your personal injury case, not to mention saving your life if you suffer serious injuries. Here are a few steps to take if you are ever involved in an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention – Do not wait to see a doctor. Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, they should be fully documented in your medical records as soon as possible. These records will become important evidence down the road.
- Report the accident – Summon the police to the scene so they can provide emergency support and prepare a crash report, which will also become an important piece of evidence in your case.
- Gather contact information – Gather the following information from all drivers involved in the accident: their name, address, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance policy number. Also, do not forget to collect contact information from any witnesses to the accident.
- Gather evidence – Use your phone to document the scene, including street signs, skid marks, vehicles involved in the crash, nearby surveillance equipment, evidence of intoxication, and anything else that can help build your claim.
- Beware of insurers – The at-fault party’s insurer would love to deny your claim. Because anything you say can be used against you in your lawsuit, it is best to refer them to your attorney. You have no legal duty to speak to the at-fault party’s insurer.
- Avoid social media – Any public posts can turn into evidentiary ammo for insurers. Therefore, be discrete when discussing your accident and insurance claim, especially when posting online.
- Consult with an attorney – Have an attorney review your case before you accept any settlement offers. Remember, early settlement offers you receive from insurers are likely to undervalue your claim, especially if they know you have not yet consulted with an attorney.
Call Our Texas Car Accident Lawyers Today
Whether you were injured in a neighborhood fender bender or a multi-vehicle pileup, you are entitled to compensation for injuries and losses sustained at little to no fault of your own. Our skilled Texas auto accident attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one were injured in a crash anywhere in Texas, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and you pay nothing unless we win your case. Our Texas offices are listed below: