Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
After a car crash, you may face high medical bills, time out of work, and expensive property repairs. Our team of experienced Dallas car accident lawyers can help you get the fair and full compensation you need after a collision. We have helped countless car accident victims secure full and fair compensation after being injured by negligent drivers. Call us at 469-813-7332 to learn how we can do the same for you.
1111 W. Mockingbird Lane Suite 1160 Dallas, TX 75247
At Shamieh Law, our skilled team of Dallas car accident attorneys can help at no cost to you. We have the skills and experience to evaluate your case, conduct a thorough investigation, gather all available evidence, and build a strong claim on your behalf.
We proudly fight for the rights of car accident victims in Dallas and throughout Texas. In every case, we put our clients first and fight tirelessly to secure full and fair compensation for their injuries and losses. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation to learn more about your legal options for recovery, deadlines that may apply in your case, and what our team can do for you every step of the way.
Why Our Dallas Auto Accident Lawyers Are The Right Choice For You
Our focus is on “Winning With Awareness.” This approach means we treat our clients and everyone involved in their cases with the compassion, dignity, and respect they deserve. When you partner with us, you can rest assured that we will handle your case with the utmost care and attention, just as we would for members of our own families.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyers understand the stress our clients often endure when handling the aftermath of a car crash. But you do not have to face it alone. Let us take the pressure off by handling the legal details of your claim while you focus on your recovery and family. Every part of your case is important to us. Whether we are helping you get the medical care you need or fighting for you in settlement negotiations and court, you can count on us.
Part of our Winning With Awareness approach is maintaining a strong reputation for excellence among our clients and in the Dallas legal community. We have been recognized for our work helping accident victims by several professional organizations and publications, including:
- Super Lawyers
- Texas Lawyer
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
A Track Record of Recovering Settlements for Dallas Car Accident Victims
Ultimately, our clients seek results, and we deliver. We’ve had great success in securing significant settlements for clients after being in serious car accidents, including:
- $650,000 recovered for a victim of a traumatic brain injury in a multi-vehicle accident in Irving.
- $600,000 for a victim of a rear-end collision resulting in surgery to replace a cervical disc.
- $500,000 for the victim of a head-on collision caused by a minor who stole their parents’ car and drove down the wrong side of the road.
- $450,000 for the victim of a commercial vehicle accident caused by a driver who did not yield the right-of-way.
- $375,000 for a victim who suffered significant damage to their spine after a rear-end collision.
What Our Clients Say About Working With Our Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
Our Dallas car crash attorneys are dedicated to providing clients with the highest level of service from the moment we take their case. One of the highest honors we can receive when a client takes the time to write a positive review of what it’s like to work with Shamieh Law. Here are some reviews from our Dallas clients:
“I had the privilege of working with Daniel after a car accident I was involved in and I cannot recommend him enough. Daniel’s expertise and dedication were instrumental in securing both fair compensation and the necessary medical care I needed. He skillfully navigated the legal complexities, ensuring that my rights were protected throughout the entire process. Daniel’s compassion and genuine concern for my well-being were evident from our very first meeting. He went above and beyond to ensure I received the medical attention I required, while simultaneously fighting relentlessly for a favorable settlement. I would recommend him to somebody in need of a personal injury lawyer.”
“About a year ago I got into a car accident, and Shamieh Law helped me with the whole process. They made sure I was good and the service was amazing. Thank you much to Billy for keeping me updated through the whole process.”
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Dallas?
We believe that everyone deserves excellent legal representation in their hour of need. That is why we take car crash cases on a contingency fee basis. This means our Dallas car accident lawyers will handle your case at no upfront cost to you.
Our fees will be based on a prearranged percentage of the compensation we recover for you through a settlement or verdict. Ultimately, if you don’t receive payment, neither do we.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Dallas?
In Texas, you have two years from the date of your car crash to file a lawsuit according to the statute of limitations for injury cases.
Sometimes, limited exceptions exist that may extend the deadline, but they are relatively rare. Before relying on any exceptions, you may want to consult one of our car accident lawyers in Dallas to ensure they apply to your case. If you miss the deadline, you may lose your opportunity to recover compensation from the at-fault party entirely.
Types of Compensation Available for Dallas Car Accident Victims
Compensation available in car accident cases usually covers economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are meant to cover your verifiable, out-of-pocket losses due to the accident. Non-economic damages cover less tangible, more subjective losses.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our Dallas accident attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Long-term care and support
- Lost wages and lowered future earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage repair or replacement costs
- Wrongful death
Important Factors That May Impact Your Dallas Auto Accident Lawsuit
The extent and severity of your injuries will play a central role when determining the damages you can recover after a car accident. Other factors that can impact a car accident lawsuit include:
- Your total medical expenses
- Your long-term prognosis
- Impact to your earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Additionally, in some cases, like Dallas Uber or Lyft accidents, the specific insurance policy and coverage may impact your settlement.
The quality of available evidence is also crucially important to your case. To prove your claim, our Dallas car accident attorneys will work hard to:
- Gather videos and photos of the scene
- Detailed medical records
- Witness statements, expert testimony, and more
Finally, the quality of the work done by your attorney will play a very important role in the outcome of your claim. Your lawyer must have the experience and skills needed to persuasively argue your case, as well as to push back against attempts by the other party to blame you for the accident and to minimize the value of your claim.
Texas Comparative Negligence Laws
To secure the compensation you deserve, you must normally prove the four elements of negligence. They are as follows:
- The defendant had a duty to use reasonable care to avoid harming you,
- The defendant breached their duty,
- You suffered an injury or loss, and
- Your injury or loss was caused by the defendant’s breach of duty.
Further, Texas courts apply the legal doctrine of comparative negligence when determining fault in car accidents. Under this doctrine, you cannot collect damages if you are more than 50 percent responsible for a crash.
However, if you are 50 percent responsible or less, you can still collect damages, but the total amount will be reduced in proportion to your share of responsibility. For example, if you were 30 percent responsible for an accident in which your damages were $100,000, you can collect $70,000 from defendants in your lawsuit.
We will fight hard to defend you against claims that you contributed to your accident. The Dallas car wreck lawyers at Shamieh Law are well-versed in the tactics insurance companies and other attorneys use to shift blame. We know how to push back.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents Near Dallas, TX
Some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Chest injuries, such as cracked ribs and fractured collarbones
- Spinal cord injuries, such as damaged discs and fractured vertebrae
- Lower back injuries, such as herniated discs
- Facial injuries, such as broken noses and dental trauma
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Psychological trauma, such as emotional distress and PTSD
If you are injured in a car accident, seek medical attention immediately. This is the best way to ensure no latent injuries are overlooked. It is also the best way to make sure your injuries are well documented in your medical records, which will become important evidence in your case.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits Following Dallas Car Accidents
When someone is killed in a car accident at little to no fault of their own, surviving family members can also file a wrongful death claim against anyone who contributed to the accident. In a wrongful death lawsuit, surviving loved ones can claim damages for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Loss of income and benefits (e.g., pensions and retirement benefits) your loved one would have contributed to your family
- Loss of inheritance
- Mental pain and anguish experienced by surviving family
- Lost love, companionship, comfort, and society
If you have lost a loved one or represent the estate of someone who died in a car accident, our Dallas wrongful death attorneys can help you during this difficult time.
Dallas Car Accident Statistics
In an effort to cut down on the number of fatal car accidents, the city implemented a program known as Vision Zero Dallas. According to the program, Dallas has the second highest traffic fatality rate among the 15 most populous cities in the country. The program’s stated goal is to reach a 50 percent reduction in crashes resulting in severe injuries by 2030.
In 2021 alone, Dallas saw more than 35,000 crashes and injuries on its roads. The numbers break down as follows:
- 208 fatal crashes resulting in 229 fatalities
- 1,074 suspected serious crashes resulting in 1,283 suspected serious injuries
- 3,930 suspected minor crashes resulting in 5,336 suspected minor injuries
- 9,651 crashes resulting in possible injuries
- 13,014 crashes resulting in unknown injuries
Measured by number of fatalities, Dallas is home to 4 of the 25 most dangerous highways in the United States, including I-30, I-20, US-175, and I-35E. I-30, in particular, is ranked as the most dangerous highway in the city.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Dallas, TX
Here are some of the most common causes of collisions in Dallas, according to Vision Zero:
- Speeding – 27 percent
- Driving under the influence – 14 percent
- Crossing into another lane – 12 percent
- Failure to yield to pedestrians– 11 percent
- Running red lights – 10 percent
- Failure to yield when turning left – 10 percent
Other common causes of accidents include failure to adjust to weather conditions, dangerous driving in construction zones, reckless driving, and distracted driving. If you were injured in a car crash, our skilled Dallas car accident attorneys can help you recover the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Steps To Take After a Car Accident in Dallas
The steps you take after a car accident can affect your short-term and long-term health, as well as your ability to collect damages from at-fault parties in a lawsuit. If you are involved in an accident, take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention – Your health and well-being come first. If you need emergency medical attention, call an ambulance. Even if you do not need emergency attention, you should still see your doctor as soon as possible. Attend all your follow-up appointments and keep all your medical billing and treatment records.
- Call the police – Also, request a case number from the officers dispatched to the crash site. Especially if you were hurt in a Dallas hit-and-run accident.
- Gather contact information – If you can do so safely, try to collect information from the other driver. Get their name, address, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance policy number. Also, collect contact information from passengers and witnesses to the accident.
- Gather evidence – Take photos and videos of the scene, including street signs, skid marks, vehicles involved in the crash, nearby surveillance equipment, and other significant details.
- Beware of at-fault insurers – Do not discuss your injuries or details of the accident with the other party. They may twist your words to claim you accepted responsibility.
- Beware of your own insurer – Cooperate with your own insurance company, but do not discuss details without your attorney present. Insurance companies work hard to limit payouts and do not have your best interests at heart.
- Avoid social media – Do not post about the accident on social media. Insurers scour public posts for anything they can use to deny your claim.
- Consult with an attorney – Contact a Dallas auto accident lawyer before you sign anything from the other driver’s insurance company. They may try to trick you into signing a release or accepting a lowball settlement.
Contact Shamieh Law Today for a Free Consultation
Car accidents range from minor to catastrophic. No matter the circumstances, you do not have to handle the aftermath alone. The Dallas car accident lawyers at Shamieh Law are here to listen to your story and help you through the legal claims process. We take great pride in helping our clients get the full and fair compensation they deserve.
Shamieh Law serves the community in Dallas from our conveniently located office near Love Field Airport. Contact us today to get started with a free, no-obligation case review. We are here to fight for you. You pay nothing unless we win your case.
- Dallas Car Accidents
- Dallas Truck Accidents
- Dallas Bus Accidents
- Dallas Wrongful Death Accidents
- Dallas Boating Accidents
- Dallas Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dallas Dog Bite Lawyer
- Dallas Pedestrian Accidents
- Dallas Aviation Accidents
- Dallas Workplace Accidents
- Dallas Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Dallas Train Accidents
- Dallas Construction Accidents
- Dallas Nursing Home Abuse
- Dallas Hit and Run Accidents
- Dallas Industrial Accidents
- Dallas Oil Refinery Accidents
- Dallas DRAM Shop Liability
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Daycare Abuse
- Defective Products