Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in an Auto Accident In Dallas? Seek Justice Today
After a car crash, you may face high medical bills, time out of work, and expensive property repairs. Our team of experienced Dallas car accident lawyers can help you get the fair and full compensation you need after a collision. We have helped countless car accident victims secure full and fair compensation after being injured by negligent drivers. Call us at 469-813-7332 to learn how we can do the same for you.
2612 Thomas Ave, Dallas, TX 75204
We proudly fight for the rights of car accident victims in Dallas and throughout Texas and have secured countless settlements for our clients:
- $650K recovered after DEF caused a three-car collision when they failed to yield the right of way, causing our client to suffer a TBI
- $600K recovered after a rear-end collision resulted in surgery replacing our client’s cervical disc
- $500K recovered for our client, who was involved in a head-on collision caused by a minor child who drove their parents’ car the wrong way down the street, caused the crash, and then fled the scene.
- $450K recovered after an accident caused by a commercial vehicle that failed to yield the right of way, resulting in our client needing a spinal fusion.
- $375K Rear-end collision where the plaintiff was knocked into the curb and off the road, underwent three spinal injections, and was recommended for cervical and lumbar surgery.
- $350K DEF ran a red light at a high speed, resulting in DEF’s vehicle rolling, which caused our client to suffer a TBI and lost wages.
- $295K recovered for our client, who was in a rear-end collision with a pickup truck and suffered a torn rotator cuff and spine injury.
- $285K recovered for our client, who was in a rear-end collision while driving a tow truck, which led to needing surgery for a torn rotator cuff.
- $250K recovered after a negligent driver pulled out in front of our client causing them to suffer lumbar herniations and needing injection and fusion recommendations.
- $250K recovered in a single car high-speed accident caused by a negligent driver. Our client suffered a TBI, multiple fractures, and a tear in the shoulder.
- $245K recovered for our client after a negligent driver ran a red light and caused a T-bone collision. Our client suffered soft tissue injuries that caused significant earning loss due to inability to manufacture product he sold.
- $225K recovered after DEF ran a red light, causing a multi-vehicle wreck in which the victim suffered a TBI.
- $225K recovered after our client tragically lost her pregnancy and had disc resection due to impact from a vehicle accident.
- $220K recovered after a rear-end collision that caused multiple spine injuries to a family.
- $200K recovered in an accident where multiple people were injured in a crash.
- $200K recovered after a negligent driver ran a red light and hit a family of four, causing spinal injuries requiring injections.
- $200K recovered in a low-speed rear-end collision resulting in a neck surgery.
Why Our Dallas Auto Accident Lawyers Are The Right Choice For You
Our focus is on “Winning With Awareness.” This approach means we treat our clients and everyone involved in their cases with the compassion, dignity, and respect they deserve. When you partner with us, you can rest assured that we will handle your case with the utmost care and attention, just as we would for members of our own families.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyers understand the stress our clients often endure when handling the aftermath of a car crash. But you do not have to face it alone. Let us take the pressure off by handling the legal details of your claim while you focus on your recovery and family. Every part of your case is important to us. Whether we are helping you get the medical care you need or fighting for you in settlement negotiations and court, you can count on us.
You Owe Us Nothing Unless We Win
We believe that everyone deserves excellent legal representation in their hour of need. That is why we take car crash cases on a contingency fee basis. This means our Dallas car accident lawyers will handle your case at no upfront cost to you.
Our fees will be based on a prearranged percentage of the compensation we recover for you through a settlement or verdict. Ultimately, if you don’t receive payment, neither do we.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With A Car Accident Attorney
Our results, as well as our actions, speak for themselves. Contact our Dallas car accident attorneys today by calling 469-813-7332 or by submitting a form to schedule your free consultation to learn more about your legal options, deadlines that may apply in your case, and what our team can do for you every step of the way
What Our Clients Say About Working With Our Car Accident Lawyers in Dallas
Our Dallas car crash attorneys at Shamieh Law are dedicated to providing clients with the highest level of service from the moment we take their case. One of the highest honors we can receive when a client takes the time to write a positive review of what it’s like to work with Shamieh Law. Hear what our past clients have to say about working with our firm:
Types of Compensation Available for Dallas Car Accident Victims
Our team will fight to secure the economic and non-economic damages you rightfully deserve. We take on insurance companies and negligent parties to help defend our client’s right to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Long-term care and support
- Lost wages and lowered future earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage repair or replacement costs
- Wrongful death
How Dangerous is the City of Dallas for Car Accidents?
According to 2022 data provided by the Texas Department of Transportation, Dallas saw 33,980 crashes on its roads. The numbers break down as follows:
- 212 fatal crashes resulting in 228 fatalities
- 1,004 suspected serious crashes resulting in 1,182 suspected serious injuries
- 3,971 suspected minor crashes resulting in 5,448 suspected minor injuries
- 5,320 crashes resulting in possible injuries
- 12,633 crashes resulting in unknown injuries
Measured by number of fatalities, Dallas is home to 4 of the 25 most dangerous highways in the United States, including:
I-30, in particular, is ranked as the most dangerous highway in the city.
Types of Car Accidents and Their Causes
As the statistics shown above state, accidents are not uncommon in Dallas. There are many different reasons why accidents happen, and multiple types of vehicle accidents can occur. Our firm has experience handling them all.
- Specific types of accidents:
- Common causes of car accidents in Dallas include:
- Speeding – 27 percent
- Driving under the influence – 14 percent
- Crossing into another lane – 12 percent
- Failure to yield to pedestrians– 11 percent
- Running red lights – 10 percent
- Failure to yield when turning left – 10 percent
Common Injuries in Dallas Car Accidents
Some of the most common injuries we see sustained in car accidents include:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Chest injuries, such as cracked ribs and fractured collarbones
- Spinal cord injuries, such as damaged discs and fractured vertebrae
- Lower back injuries, such as herniated discs
- Facial injuries, such as broken noses and dental trauma
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Psychological trauma, such as emotional distress and PTSD
Critical Evidence Utilized in Car Accident Cases
The quality of available evidence is crucially important to your case. While you heal, our attorneys will help collect and utilize critical information to help prove the other driver’s negligence. Our team utilizes:
- Police Reports
- Videos and photos of the accident scene
- Detailed medical records
- Witness statements and contact information
- Expert testimony
- Receipts from repairs made to your car
- Evidence collected during the discovery process
Texas Negligence Laws and Their Impact on Car Accident Settlements
In Texas, courts apply the legal doctrine of comparative negligence when determining fault in car accidents. Under this doctrine, you cannot collect damages if you are more than 50 percent responsible for a crash.
However, if you are 50 percent responsible or less, you can still collect damages, but the total amount will be reduced in proportion to your share of responsibility.
Here is an example settlement amount:
If you were 30 percent responsible for an accident in which your damages were $100,000, you can collect $70,000 from defendants in your lawsuit.
Steps To Take After a Car Accident in Dallas
The steps you take after a car accident can affect your short-term and long-term health, as well as your ability to collect damages from at-fault parties in a lawsuit. If you are involved in an accident, take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention – Your health and well-being come first. If you need emergency medical attention, call an ambulance. Even if you do not need emergency attention, you should still see your doctor as soon as possible. Attend all your follow-up appointments and keep all your medical billing and treatment records.
- Call the police – Also, request a case number from the officers dispatched to the crash site. Especially if you were hurt in a Dallas hit-and-run accident.
- Gather contact information – If you can do so safely, try to collect information from the other driver. Get their name, address, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance policy number. Also, collect contact information from passengers and witnesses to the accident.
- Gather evidence – Take photos and videos of the scene, including street signs, skid marks, vehicles involved in the crash, nearby surveillance equipment, and other significant details.
- Beware of at-fault insurers – Do not discuss your injuries or details of the accident with the other party. They may twist your words to claim you accepted responsibility.
- Beware of your own insurer – Cooperate with your own insurance company, but do not discuss details without your attorney present. Insurance companies work hard to limit payouts and do not have your best interests at heart.
- Avoid social media – Do not post about the accident on social media. Insurers scour public posts for anything they can use to deny your claim.
- Consult with an attorney – Contact a Dallas auto accident lawyer before you sign anything from the other driver’s insurance company. They may try to trick you into signing a release or accepting a lowball settlement.
Contact Shamieh Law Today for a Free Consultation
Car accidents range from minor to catastrophic. No matter the circumstances, you do not have to handle the aftermath alone. The Dallas car accident lawyers at Shamieh Law are here to listen to your story and help you through the legal claims process. We take great pride in helping our clients get the full and fair compensation they deserve.
Shamieh Law serves the community in Dallas from our conveniently located office near the heart of downtown Dallas. Contact us today to get started with a free, no-obligation case review. We are here to fight for you. You pay nothing unless we win your case.
- Dallas Car Accidents
- Dallas Truck Accidents
- Dallas Bus Accidents
- Dallas Wrongful Death Accidents
- Dallas Boating Accidents
- Dallas Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dallas Dog Bite Lawyer
- Dallas Pedestrian Accidents
- Dallas Aviation Accidents
- Dallas Workplace Accidents
- Dallas Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Dallas Train Accidents
- Dallas Construction Accidents
- Dallas Nursing Home Abuse
- Dallas Hit and Run Accidents
- Dallas Industrial Accidents
- Dallas Oil Refinery Accidents
- Dallas DRAM Shop Liability
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Daycare Abuse
- Dallas Product Liability