Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer
Under Texas law, you can recover compensation for injuries and losses caused by another person’s carelessness. At Shamieh Law, the Dallas personal injury lawyers can help you and your family seek fair compensation, accountability, and justice, whether you’ve been injured in a car accident or by a defective product. Call us today at (469) 813-7332 to schedule your free case review with a member of our legal team.
2612 Thomas Ave, Dallas, TX 75204
If you were injured in an accident at little to no fault of your own, you may be entitled to legal compensation from the at-fault party. By working with a skilled personal injury attorney, you can secure compensation for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain, suffering, and more. The sooner an experienced lawyer reviews your case, the sooner they can get you started on the road to full and fair compensation.
At Shamieh Law, we proudly help accident victims throughout Texas defend their right to legal compensation for their injuries. Our Dallas personal injury attorneys are ready to evaluate your case and build a strong claim on your behalf. From the moment you take us on as your attorneys, you can count on us to handle your case with the care and attention it deserves. Schedule your free consultation today to learn more about how we can help.
Why Choose Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers to Represent You
We have over a decade of experience helping our clients during life’s most difficult moments, whether negotiating a fair settlement or arguing their case in court. We seek the results our clients deserve while treating everyone involved in their cases with dignity, respect, and compassion. We call this philosophy “Winning With Awareness,” and you’ll see the difference it makes from the moment you first reach out to our firm.
Our founding partner, Ramez Shamieh, has extensive experience defending the rights of injury victims in Dallas and throughout Texas. He has hand-picked a group of top-tier legal professionals who share his unwavering commitment to the well-being of our clients. We have been recognized by numerous professional organizations and publications for the high quality of our services, including:
- Super Lawyers
- Texas Lawyer
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Excellent Case Results
Our award-winning personal injury attorneys in Dallas have recovered millions on behalf of our deserving clients, and now we’re here to do the same for you. Below are just a few examples of the settlements and verdicts our attorneys have achieved:
- $5 million for the family of a dollar store employee who was murdered in a robbery after he made requests for more security.
- $1.6 million for a victim of a multi-vehicle T-bone accident involving an 18-wheeler that resulted in injuries requiring a laminotomy and discectomy.
- $1.325 million for a victim of an 18-wheeler multi-vehicle wreck caused by a failure to yield the right of way, resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- $1.056 million for a client who suffered lung damage and scarring after a Honda/Takata airbag explosion launched shrapnel in their direction.
- $1 million for property damage and injuries to multiple clients when a crane collapsed during a storm.
- $900,000 for a victim of a slip-and-fall at a beauty store that caused back injuries requiring a lumbar fusion and a spinal cord stimulator.
- $800,000 for injuries sustained by multiple workers, including compound fractures, a broken femur, and broken ribs, when a home collapsed in a windstorm while under construction due to improper building methods.
- $525,000 for a victim of a slip-and-fall accident in a hotel that caused injuries requiring cervical fusion.
- $500,000 for a victim of a head-on collision caused by a minor who drove their parents’ car the wrong way down the street.
- $450,000 for the victims of a three-vehicle collision caused by a drunk driver that resulted in lumbar injuries requiring a possible L4-5 discectomy.
- $375,000 for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a stilt walker at a circus fell on them.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Dallas, TX?
At Shamieh Law, we are proud to use a contingency fee model to assist our clients with the complex undertaking of personal injury cases. In Texas, a contingency fee is an agreement between the lawyer and the client in which the attorney does not collect a fee unless they win or settle the case.
The fee is typically calculated as a percentage of the granted compensation. This arrangement allows clients with limited financial resources to access legal representation without paying out-of-pocket fees. So, you owe us nothing unless we win.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Dallas?
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Texas is two years. This means you have two years from the date of your accident to file your injury lawsuit, or you may miss your opportunity to file a lawsuit and recover damages.
We take our role as your advocate seriously. We do everything we can to make your family whole again, especially if you have lost a loved one due to another driver’s negligence.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We firmly believe that no personal injury case is the same as another. That’s why we don’t use a one-size-fits-all formula. Our experienced legal team in Dallas, Texas will take the time to develop an in-depth understanding of your case and craft a personalized legal strategy tailored to your situation and goals.
We have the skills, expertise, and resources needed to handle a wide range of case types, including:
In 2022, there was a total of 33,980 motor vehicle crashes in Dallas. These crashes resulted in 6,630 suspected injuries. Our Dallas car accident lawyers can determine who is liable for your car accident injuries and file a claim with their insurer on your behalf. We have what it takes to handle your case from fender benders to multi-vehicle pileups.
Dallas County saw 3,999 commercial motor vehicle crashes in 2022. These resulted in 53 deaths and hundreds of injuries. Whether your accident involved a delivery truck or an 18-wheeler, our team of truck accident attorneys in Dallas can help you secure compensation by filing a lawsuit against powerful trucking companies and their insurers.
According to data from the Texas Department of Transportation, 383 people were injured in motorcycle-related crashes in Dallas in 2022. Motorcycle accident injuries are often catastrophic due to the near-complete exposure of motorcyclists to the full force of a collision. Our Dallas motorcycle accident lawyers can help you seek full and fair compensation if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident.
From charter buses to school buses, accidents involving these vehicles can be devastating. Why? First, their large size means they can cause great damage when they crash into smaller vehicles. Second, since buses can transport dozens of people all at once, bus accidents can lead to more injuries and fatalities than more commonplace accidents. Whether you were a passenger, a pedestrian, or another driver, our Dallas bus accident attorneys can handle your case.
In 2021, 893 pedestrians were injured by vehicles in Dallas County. All in all, 34 percent of these occurred at intersections. Shamieh Law’s pedestrian accident attorneys in Dallas can investigate the circumstances of your pedestrian accident and gather evidence to demonstrate why the at-fault party is liable.
Slip And Fall Accidents
Slips, trips, and falls can occur in parking lots, hotels, apartment complexes, retail stores, workplaces, and many other settings. If you suffered an injury in this kind of accident, our Dallas slip and fall lawyers can help you pursue a premises liability claim against the at-fault party.
Construction work involves many inherent dangers, but taking proper safety measures can significantly reduce the odds of an accident. Our Dallas construction accident attorneys know how to navigate the unique legal and factual complexities that often accompany these kinds of cases.
Personal injury is a diverse area of law, and the list above includes just a few of the many case types we handle at Shamieh Law. Here are some other practice areas:
What Damages Could You Be Entitled to in Your Dallas Personal Injury Claim?
At Shamieh Law, we’re dedicated to helping injury victims like you find a sense of justice and accountability through a compensation claim. We’re also committed to fighting to help you get the compensation you need after an accident turns your life upside down.
There are many different types of compensation available in a personal injury claim. Here are some of the damages our Dallas personal injury attorneys have helped recover for our clients:
- Medical expenses – You may be reimbursed for all past and future medical bills related to your injury, including those for hospital stays, surgeries, appointments, prescription medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages – If your injury has caused you to miss work or has affected your earning capacity, you can seek compensation for the past and future income you’ve lost.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses – This can include the cost of transportation to medical appointments, mobility devices, home modifications, and any other expenses stemming from your injury.
- Pain and suffering – You may be entitled to compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your accident. Though they can be difficult to calculate due to their subjective nature, these “noneconomic” damages can be just as important as, if not more so, the more tangible aspects of your loss.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – This accounts for the impact your injuries have on your ability to enjoy your day-to-day activities like before your injuries.
In some cases, exemplary damages may also be awarded in addition to compensatory damages. Also known as punitive damages, exemplary damages are meant to punish liable parties for particularly egregious or reckless behavior. Though relatively rare, exemplary damages can add significant value to your claim.
Texas Negligence Laws That Can Impact Your Dallas Injury Case
1. When the at-fault party is negligent
Most Dallas personal injury cases are based on the legal concept of negligence. In negligence cases, you will need to show evidence to prove the at-fault party caused your damages by failing to take reasonable care to avoid harming others through their actions. Our Dallas personal injury lawyers start your case with a thorough, independent investigation of your accident to gather as much evidence as possible.
2. When you’re partly at fault
Sometimes, clients also wonder whether they can recover compensation if they were partly responsible for their accident. Fortunately, Texas courts use a modified comparative negligence system when evaluating liability. This system allows you to recover compensation as long as you are not found to be 50 percent or more responsible. However, your compensation will be reduced proportionately to your degree of fault.
Why Hire an Injury Lawyer After a Serious Accident in Dallas?
You are not legally required to hire a lawyer to handle your Texas injury case. However, working closely with an experienced personal injury attorney is the best way to protect your right to compensation. It will significantly raise the odds of securing a favorable outcome in your case.
Insurance companies and their adjusters will work hard to find as many reasons as possible to diminish or deny the actual value of your claim.
Our skilled personal injury lawyers in Dallas can push back by gathering all available evidence and building the strongest case possible on your behalf. We will start by calculating the full and fair value of your claim. Then, we will try to negotiate a settlement that reflects that value. If the insurance company refuses to offer a full and fair settlement, we have the experience and resources to fight on your behalf in court.
Will Your Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Our team of experienced injury attorneys in Dallas strives to resolve our client’s cases without going to trial. We usually achieve this goal through skillful out-of-court negotiations with at-fault parties and their insurers.
However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, your case may need to be argued in court. Whether we take your case to trial will ultimately depend on the strength of your claim, the other side’s willingness to negotiate, the monetary stakes involved, and your own wishes. As your case unfolds, our team will advise you on the best course of action and work to achieve the most favorable outcome.
Texas Favorability Map
If your case does go to trial, the county where your injury lawsuit takes place can have an impact on your case outcome. Different counties in Texas are known to favor the plantiff, favor the defense, or take a neutral stance. It is important to consider historically how counties have handle cases when filing a personal injury lawsuit in Dallas. Our attorneys can help strategize the best approach.
Reviews From Our Injury Clients in Dallas
At Shamieh Law, we are also very proud of our excellent reputation among our clients. Our legal team strives to provide the highest quality legal representation possible each and every time. We believe our client reviews are a testament to our success:
- “Ramez is hands down the best attorney in Dallas! He was outstanding, and I highly recommend him to all my friends and family.” – Jason
- “Vigilant. Scrupulous. Honest. Professional. If you’re looking for an advocate that you can trust to take the wheel and fight for your rights, Ramez and the entire team at Shamieh Law is the only choice when it comes to personal injury.” – Lacey
- “The team is amazing–they’re amazingly fast to respond and super on top of everything. I’ve had lawyers in the past not even respond to my questions, so I never know where we are with things, but once I started working with Shamieh Law, any question I ever had was answered right away. The communication is second to none. When you want a law firm who listens to you, responds to you, and gets you what you deserve, then stop searching and pick up the phone and call Shamieh Law now.” – Theodore
- “Shamieh Law has gone above and beyond to be so helpful with taking the worries away as in dealing with all the insurance companies, paperwork and bills, etc. so I can focus on all of this pain I’m in and getting the best care from the doctors who are also amazing! I recommend anyone and everyone to call them to handle whatever kind of issue you have that would require a lawyer to represent you because they are extremely professional and VERY compassionate and understanding.” – Natalie
- “It would be a disservice for me not to write a review on Shamieh Law. They went well above the call and obtained a settlement that was well beyond my expectations. Attorney Ramez Shamieh fights for every penny and doesn’t stop until the at-fault party pays for their actions.” – Mario
Get a Free Consultation with a Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer at Shamieh Law
If you were involved in an accident, We’re standing by to help you handle the legal aspect of your recovery. Our award-winning legal team has wide-ranging experience helping accident victims in Dallas and throughout Texas secure compensation when injured at little to no fault of their own. Let us put our skills and expertise to work for you.
Schedule a free initial consultation with a Dallas personal injury lawyer today by completing our online form or calling (469) 813-7332. We work on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Personal Injury FAQs
At Shamieh Law, we are proud to use a contingency fee model to assist our clients with the complex undertaking of personal injury cases. In Texas, a contingency fee is an agreement between the lawyer and the client in which the attorney does not collect a fee unless they win or settle the case. The fee is typically calculated as a percentage of the granted compensation. This arrangement allows clients with limited financial resources to access legal representation without paying out-of-pocket fees.
- Dallas Car Accidents
- Dallas Truck Accidents
- Dallas Bus Accidents
- Dallas Wrongful Death Accidents
- Dallas Boating Accidents
- Dallas Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dallas Dog Bite Lawyer
- Dallas Pedestrian Accidents
- Dallas Aviation Accidents
- Dallas Workplace Accidents
- Dallas Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Dallas Train Accidents
- Dallas Construction Accidents
- Dallas Nursing Home Abuse
- Dallas Hit and Run Accidents
- Dallas Industrial Accidents
- Dallas Oil Refinery Accidents
- Dallas DRAM Shop Liability
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Daycare Abuse
- Dallas Product Liability