Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries that have a lasting impact on the victim’s life. If your slip and fall injuries occurred due to another person’s negligence, a lawsuit may help you secure compensation. However, average slip and fall accident settlements in Texas can be difficult to calculate because compensation varies widely based on the factors of each individual case. Our skilled Texas personal injury lawyers at Shamieh Law can help you determine a fair settlement for your slip and fall injury.
Ultimately, every slip and fall accident is unique, so it’s hard to calculate the average slip and fall accident settlement in Texas. Various factors go into calculating the value of each individual case, including medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and lowered quality of life. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help you determine a fair and meaningful settlement amount for your situation.
At Shamieh Law, our attorneys have many years of experience handling slip and fall accident cases. We can help you navigate the Texas legal system to hold negligent parties accountable. Reach out today to schedule your free consultation.
Factors That Impact Slip and Fall Accident Settlement Amounts
Each slip and fall case is different, and many factors go into determining total payouts in slip and fall injury settlements. Common variables impacting slip and fall settlement amounts include:
- Extent of injuries – The extent and severity of your injuries are important factors when determining your final settlement amount. Generally, the more severe your injuries, the more compensation you can pursue. For example, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries often result in more compensation than minor injuries, such as mild sprains or bruising.
- Long-term impact – If your injuries lead to permanent disability, prevent you from returning to work, require prolonged medical care, or otherwise affect your long-term outlook, you may be eligible for higher amounts of compensation.
- Comparative fault – Texas is a comparative negligence state, meaning that you can pursue compensation so long as you are not more than 50 percent responsible for your accident. Further, your compensation drops in proportion to your share of the blame. For instance, if you suffer $100,000 in damages in an accident for which you are 20 percent responsible, your compensable damages would reduce to $80,000.
Your Texas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Can Help Determine the Value of Your Case
We have extensive experience handling these cases. With help from our knowledgeable lawyers at Shamieh Law, you can determine a fair settlement amount to pursue and make informed decisions about whether you should accept an offer. We are here to make sure you are aware of your legal rights and not taken advantage of.
Determining the value of a slip and fall case takes careful evaluation of the evidence, including the location, cause, and circumstances of the fall, as well as the nature and severity of the injuries. Your lawyer will consider all economic and non-economic aspects of your losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Texas Slip and Fall Accident Settlements Secured by Shamieh Law
At Shamieh Law, our clients’ interests are our top priority. We strive to help accident victims recover physically and financially from their injuries. We fight tirelessly on their behalf to secure full and fair compensation for injuries they sustain at little to no fault of their own. Our team has secured millions in slip and fall accidents, including:
- $900,000 after a slip and fall at a beauty store required a lumbar fusion and a spinal cord stimulator.
- $550,000 after caterers spilled water from a cooler at a work event, causing the plaintiff to suffer a traumatic brain injury in a slip and fall.
- $525,000 after a slip and fall on an improper flooring material at a hotel resulted in injuries requiring a cervical fusion.
- $350,000 after a slip and fall at a fast food restaurant where the floor was mopped and wet, but wet floor signs were not out, causing a traumatic brain injury.
- $310,000 after a slip and fall at a restaurant that failed to properly clean up a food spill, resulting in injuries requiring a cervical discectomy and dental repair.
- $250,000 after a fall at a shopping center resulted in a foot fracture.
- $245,000 after a trip and fall resulted in a broken jaw.
- $225,000 after a slip and fall at a gas station resulted in injuries requiring a lumbar discectomy.
- $200,000 after a slip and fall resulted in severe lumbar and left shoulder injuries.
Contact a Slip and Fall Lawyer at Shamieh Law Today
Slip and falls can result in serious injuries and financial losses. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, our skilled Texas personal injury lawyers can help you determine the value of your case and pursue fair compensation.
Our slip-and-fall lawyers in Dallas as well as, at our Austin office, have proven track records of securing significant settlements and verdicts for our clients. Contact us today by submitting an online contact form to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how our team can help you.