There is no guaranteed settlement amount in truck accident lawsuits in Texas. However, over the past 15 years, our firm has secured settlements for truck accident victims ranging from $200,000 to $1.6 Million. Settlement amounts depend on many factors, including severity of injuries, recovery time, and negligence.
If you were injured in a truck accident and have questions about the possible value of your case, contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Factors That Impact Truck Accident Settlement Amounts
Average settlements in 18-wheeler accident lawsuits in Texas vary based on numerous factors, including:
- Injury severity and recovery time – More severe injuries and those with a lower likelihood of fully healing tend to result in higher settlements.
- Economic damages – This encompasses aspects of your losses that can be easily reduced to a monetary value. It typically includes things like medical bills, lost wages, lowered future earning capacity, and property damage.
- Non-economic damages – This encompasses aspects of your losses that cannot be easily reduced to a monetary value due to their subjective nature. It includes things like pain, suffering, emotional trauma, and lowered quality of life. Sometimes, lawyers calculate non-economic damages by multiplying the economic damages in your case by a graded multiple between 1.5 and 5.
- Comparative negligence – Texas is a “modified comparative negligence” state. This means that you can recover compensation so long as you are not more than 50 percent responsible for an accident. However, it also means that your compensation will be reduced proportionately to your degree of fault below that threshold.
Your Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help Determine the Value of Your Case
Determining the value of an auto accident lawsuit requires careful evaluation of all available evidence. In truck accidents, this can quickly become overwhelming, especially when trying to recover from your injuries. Our truck accident lawyers can:
- Gather and analyze evidence available in your case
- Determine what applicable state laws may apply to your accident
- Determine how much your case may be worth
Texas Truck Accident Settlements and Verdicts Secured by Shamieh Law
- $1.6 million after an 18-wheeler multi-vehicle accident caused our client to T-bone another vehicle, resulting in injuries requiring a laminotomy and discectomy.
- $1.325 million after an 18-wheeler multi-vehicle wreck occurred due to a failure to yield, resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- $1 million after a fatal 18-wheeler crash.
- $1 million after our client was struck head-on by a semi when the driver lost control due to a popped tire.
- $950,000 after a multi-vehicle 18-wheeler crash caused our client to be thrown off the highway, resulting in multiple severe injuries, including a broken nose.
- $925,000 after an 18-wheeler rear-end collision resulted in injuries requiring knee surgery.
- $890,000 after an 18-wheeler cut off our client, resulting in injuries requiring three spinal surgeries, a rhizotomy, and six injections.
- $875,000 after an 18-wheeler driver failed to control their speed and rear-ended our client’s vehicle, resulting in injuries requiring lumbar fusion surgery.
- $860,000 after a truck driver failed to control their speed and crashed into multiple 18-wheelers at a rest stop, resulting in injuries requiring cervical fusion surgery.
- $700,000 after an 18-wheeler rear-ended our client, causing a traumatic brain injury and spinal injuries requiring surgical fusion.
- $650,000 after an 18-wheeler failed to yield the right of way, causing a crash with our client that resulted in injuries requiring a spinal cord stimulator implant.
- $595,000 after our client was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler, leading to injuries requiring two spinal injections and a knee injection.
- $500,000 after an 18-wheeler failed to yield the right of way and collided with our client’s vehicle, resulting in a traumatic brain injury and a rotator cuff injury.
- $460,000 after an 18-wheeler crash caused severe injuries to our client’s neck and knee.
- $387,500 after an 18-wheeler rear-ended our client, causing a spinal injury that required injections and surgical fusion.
- $370,000 in an 18-wheeler case involving our client and her young daughter.
- $350,000 after an 18-wheeler flipped, resulting in injuries that required two epidural spinal injections.
- $362,500 when an 18-wheeler rear-ended our client, who was also an 18-wheeler driver, resulting in a shoulder injury requiring surgery.
- $285,000 after an 18-wheeler struck our client when changing lanes without signaling, resulting in injuries requiring cervical fusion.
- $250,000 after an 18-wheeler rear-ended our client, resulting in injuries requiring a lumbar discectomy.
Contact Our Dallas Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, reach out to Shamieh Law. Our legal team knows how to handle truck accident cases and can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We offer free consultations, and you pay nothing unless we win your case.