Experienced Austin Personal Injury Attorney
Representing Victims of Accidents and Injuries Throughout Austin, Texas
When you or a loved one has been injured in a severe car crash, motorcycle wreck, semi-truck accident, or when harmed by someone else’s negligent actions, the Austin Personal Injury Lawyers at Shamieh Law will fight for your justice and compensation. Our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys have collected over $100 million for our clients, and we’ll stand up for you.
Get started today with a free review of your important case. Call us 24/7 at 512-888-3333.
Zero Fee Guaranteed
Absolutely No Fee Unless We Win
Table of Contents
- Meet Our Austin Personal Injury Lawyers
- Austin Car Accident Lawsuits
- Austin Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Austin Wrongful Death Lawsuits
- Austin Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
- Additional Cases We Handle in Austin
- Steps We Take for You
- Compensation We Pursue for You
- Statue of Limitations – Deadlines in Austin
- Personal Injury Negligence Laws
- Start a Free Case Evaluation
- More About Our Location in Austin, Texas
- More Helpful Resources
Meet Our Austin Personal Injury Lawyers
Shamieh Law’s Austin personal injury attorneys, headed by Ramez Shamieh, represent victims injured in accidents and those harmed by the negligence of others.
For more than 20 years, Shamieh Law has helped injured clients collect settlements worth as much as one million dollars and more in Austin and throughout Texas and Louisiana. Every case is unique, but our commitment to taking on the insurance companies for our clients and demanding fair compensation from negligent parties remains common in every single case.
Car Accident Lawyers in Austin, TX
When a car accident occurs in Austin, you have just two years to seek compensation for damages caused by the responsible parties . Getting help from an experienced Austin car accident attorney is critical before time runs out. Don’t miss your chance at getting full justice and recovering your losses from property damage, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Some of the typical Austin car accident cases we handle include the following:
- DWI/DUI Car Accidents
- Uber, Lyft, and Rideshare Car Accidents
- Rental Car Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
LEARN MORE: Car Accident Lawyers
Truck Accident Lawyers in Austin, TX
Semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, big rigs, and other large commercial vehicles contribute to devastating collisions, catastrophic injuries, and many fatalities. The dedicated Austin truck accident lawyers at Shamieh Law know how to navigate these complex cases. Tractor-trailer crashes and bus accidents have causes related to truck driver negligence, manufacturer errors, and poor decisions from trucking companies.
LEARN MORE: Truck Accident Lawyers
Wrongful Death Lawyers in Austin, TX
Losing a loved one to wrongful death contributes to unimaginable pain and suffering for those left behind. The compassionate and experienced team of Austin wrongful death attorneys at Shamieh Law know what these cases mean to our clients. Although we cannot bring back a loved one, we can and will put the full force of our law firm to work to make you whole again in the eyes of Texas law in Austin.
Those responsible for the death of a loved one have a duty to right the wrong, and we’ll demand fair compensation for surviving family members.
LEARN MORE: Wrongful Death Attorney
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Austin, TX
Our Austin motorcycle accident attorneys look out for the interests of bikers and their families. Motorcycle crashes often occur when drivers of other vehicles are unaware of a motorcycle’s speed or presence or are not paying attention. Catastrophic injuries and fatalities regularly occur with motorcycle wrecks.
When you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Austin, call on Shamieh Law to help deliver justice and demand fair compensation for the road ahead.
LEARN MORE: Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Additional Austin Personal Injury Cases We Take On
These practice areas represent a small portion of our personal injury law firm in Austin. Get to know all of our practice areas below.
Steps our Austin Personal Injury Attorneys Take for You
The Austin personal injury attorneys at Shamieh Law are here to help you with the road ahead. Life after a severe accident can present tough challenges for victims and families. Here are some of the steps we take for our Austin clients:
- Free case evaluation to discuss the details of the accident and your injuries
- Communicate with the involved insurance companies
- Investigate the scene of the accident
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Hire an accident reconstructionist to reconstruct how the collision occurred
- Retain a vocational rehabilitation expert to determine possible future lost wages
- Retain a life care planner to predict future medical care
- Negotiate a substantial settlement on your behalf with all parties
- Demand a fair verdict in front of a judge and jury when responsible parties fail to pay you the compensation you deserve
Austin Injury Attorneys Fighting for Your Justice and Compensation
Our primary goal is for you to recover compensation for your injuries that will provide your expenses and make you whole again in the eyes of the law in Austin, Texas. We’ll fight for our clients to recover compensation for:
- Medical Expenses – both now and in the future, including hospitalizations, surgeries, ongoing treatments, and therapies
- Lost Wages – when you miss work due to your injuries
- Lost Future Income – when you cannot continue with your chosen profession
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium – when a loved one has been killed, or their quality of life has been so diminished that your relationship with them has suffered
- Punitive Damages – meant to punish the wrongdoer for their actions
At Shamieh Law, our Austin personal injury attorneys have helped clients recover over $100 million in damages and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Austin Personal Injury Claim Deadlines – The Statute of Limitation
Keep in mind that in Austin, TX, you must file a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the accident. Injured clients must not miss this critical two-year deadline for Austin’s statute of limitations set by the state of Texas. It could mean missing your opportunity to file a lawsuit and recover damages.
Austin Personal Injury Laws for Negligence and Fault
Austin follows Texas modified comparative negligence law , which allows you to state your case and recover damages even if you are partially to blame for the accident. It also means that if you share any part of the blame for the accident, any award you receive can be lowered by the same amount. Should your case go to trial, the jury or judge will assign different levels of blame to all parties, defendants and plaintiffs, before awarding damages accordingly.
Call on our experienced personal injury attorneys in Austin, TX to walk through all elements of your case to determine your best road forward.
Free Case Review with Our Austin Personal Injury Law Firm
With a team of some of the best personal injury lawyers in Austin, Shamieh Law works to ensure that each client receives the highest level of care and respect they deserve when working on their personal injury case.
If you currently reside within Austin or surrounding areas and have suffered a personal injury or been involved in a collision, call Shamieh Law today at 512-888-3333 to start a free review of your case. We’ve served Austin and the state of Texas for over 20 years and have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our important clients.
Frequently Asked Questions About Austin Personal Injury Lawsuits
How does a contingency fee work in Austin personal injury cases?
At Shamieh Law, our Austin personal injury lawyer proudly uses the contingency fee model to assist our clients with the complex undertaking of personal injury cases. A contingency fee is an agreement between the Austin lawyer and the client in which the attorney does not collect a fee unless they win or settle the case. The fee is typically calculated as a percentage of the granted compensation. This arrangement allows our Austin clients with limited financial resources to access legal representation without paying out-of-pocket fees.
Do most Austin personal injury lawsuits settle or go to trial?
In many cases, personal injury lawsuits in Austin, TX typically reach a settlement rather than going to trial. Negotiations between involved parties typically result in a favorable agreement outside of court that both sides can accept. This can help save considerable time and money for all involved and reduce stress levels associated with litigation.
More About Our Location in Austin, Texas
Shamieh Law Austin Office:
The Austin office for Shamieh Law is conveniently located at 3800 North Lamar Blvd Suite #200, Austin, Texas 78756
Free parking is available to clients in a dedicated parking lot for our office building.
Civil Courthouses in Austin, TX:
Several court locations exist throughout Austin and Travis County. As of February 2023, the Civil Courts have moved to:
Travis County Civil and Family Courts Facility
1700 Guadalupe St
Austin, TX 78701
More Facts About Austin, Texas
- Austin is the capital of Texas and the most populous city in the state, with a population of over 987,000 people and the 11th-most populous city in the United States.
- Austin is located in and serves as the county seat for Travis County, which was established in 1840 and is the fifth-most populous county in Texas.
- Located in Central Texas along Interstate 35 and US Route 290 highways, Austin is situated on the Colorado River and its tributaries at an elevation ranging from 456 to 830 feet.
- It is nicknamed “The Live Music Capital of The World” because it has more live music venues than anywhere else.
- Austin has an estimated GDP of $125 billion and is considered one of the fastest-growing cities in America.
- The city covers an area of 297 square miles, making it the 28th-largest metropolitan area in the United States by land area.
More Helpful Resources
- Case Results
- Reasons to Sue and Why They Matter
- How to Calculate a Personal Injury Settlement
- What is Comparative Negligence, and How Does it Work in Texas?
- Motorcycle Laws in Texas
- Texting and Driving now Illegal in Texas
- Texas Wrongful Death Statute – What You Should Know
- 5 Most Common Workplace Accidents
- Can You Sue Uber for An Accident?
- What You Should Know About Truck Accidents