What do you need to know about motorcycle accident negotiations when you are seriously injured? This accident has an undeniable impact on the rest of your life due to ongoing pain, medical bills, and how the injuries affect your quality of life.
Hiring a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney is often a great way to maximize the value of your personal injury claim. You need a legal team to help you offset the out-of-pocket costs for hospital bills, as well as payback obligations for other related expenses. At the same time, these serious injuries often make it hard for a person to continue working, which sets them back financially even more.
While a significant settlement is never guaranteed, victims with legal representation often receive higher financial compensation compared to people who forgo professional legal services. The best thing you can do is schedule a consultation to see if it makes sense to hire a personal injury attorney to assist with your case.
How Can an Attorney Help?
What benefits will you gain by hiring an attorney to assist with motorcycle accident negotiations? Here are a few of the reasons why it’s a good idea to work with a trusted legal team:
- Professional Recommendations: An experienced legal team has years of experience working on other cases like yours. You can tap into this knowledge to create a solid claim for your accident. Most victims have a hard time making objective decisions during motorcycle accident negotiations. Instead of navigating these challenges on your own, find an attorney who can help you navigate the situation,
- Negotiation Strategies: Insurance companies always look for angles to reduce the amount of money they need to pay. The adjusters can be pretty persuasive, resulting in a lower settlement for you. Your personal injury attorney will help you negotiate a higher payout. This strategy leverages different types of compensation, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Industry Resources: Whether you need more medical care or someone to assist with your estate, your attorney can offer recommendations. Most local attorneys are well-connected in the community, giving you a one-stop location to access all of the services and resources you need.
- Timeline to Payment: The never-ending paperwork and challenging negotiations mean that they delay the payouts – over and over again. As a result, it can take a year or more before you receive a settlement. Instead of waiting for a changing timeline, hire a personal injury attorney for assistance so you can speed up the process. Your lawyer knows the most effective ways to settle the case as quickly as possible. The goal is to maximize payment and increase the likelihood of a timely settlement.
- Support in Court: The goal is often to finalize the settlement outside of court. But if you can’t come to an agreement with the insurance adjuster, then it might be time to file a lawsuit. Taking a case to court can be stressful on your own. Instead of navigating the court system alone, it’s better to hire a pro personal injury attorney instead.
- Gathering Evidence: Build a case for your motorcycle accident negotiations by gathering the necessary evidence to show the extent of your injuries. Your attorney understands the most effective strategies for solidifying your case. The legal team will assist every step of the way.
- Peace of Mind: Can you put a price tag on the peace of mind that comes when you are working with an experienced attorney? You don’t need to navigate this challenging situation by yourself. Instead, hire someone who can offer the high-quality representation you deserve.
The Insurance Company Doesn’t Have Your Best Interests in Mind
Even though the insurance adjuster seems friendly and helpful, you need to remember that this person represents the insurance company’s interests. Their goal is to finalize the settlement and save the company money at the same time.
Attempting to negotiate by yourself means that you are likely missing out on possible compensation. Instead of trusting the insurance company to help you finalize the payout, hiring an attorney for representation is better.
For example, the insurance company might try to find ways to blame you for the accident. Their goal is to make you look bad and show that you were partially or fully at fault. Then, they try to negotiate a lower settlement.
On the other hand, your attorney can assist with the motorcycle accident negotiations. They will help you determine the value of your case, then provide recommendations so you don’t settle for less money than you can get.
Legal Support Every Step of the Way
It’s common for questions to come up after a serious accident. For example, what do you need to know about talking with the insurance adjuster or handling medical bills?
For more accident victims, these details can feel overwhelming and stressful. The good news is that you don’t have to face the situation by yourself. If you have questions and need support, know that you are going through the same experience other accident victims face.
Friends and family might be able to offer a listening ear. But they don’t have the legal knowledge to help with your case. The best resource is to talk to an attorney who understands the court system and legal proceedings. Full-service solutions start from the moment you pick up the phone to schedule a consultation.
Invest in a Lawyer for Motorcycle Accident Negotiations
Accidents happen, but you don’t have to let this one-time event change the rest of your life. Call our legal team right away if you need help with motorcycle accident negotiations. The earlier we are involved, the better we can assist with your legal strategy. So call us without delay after a motorcycle accident occurs.
For more information about available legal services, contact Shamieh Law. We’re here to answer your questions and assist in finding the ideal solutions for your case.