Car Insurance Companies Aren’t Always on Your Side
Car accidents happen every single day, often resulting in severe injuries or worse. If you have been injured because of another driver’s negligence or distraction, you should be able to receive compensation for your damages. Unfortunately, car insurance companies are known for their deceptive practices and often do everything they can to avoid paying you or pay you less than what you deserve.
Although many people think of insurance companies as ‘evil’ because of these bad faith tactics, they actually have a very profitable business model. If this upsets you, you aren’t alone. When you are involved in a car accident, it is important you do everything you can to fight the insurance company to ensure justice is served. It is important to remember that the business model of insurance companies is to get you to pay high premiums while they pay out as little as possible in the event of a claim.
At Shamieh Law, our car accident lawyers have seen these unethical tactics firsthand and will do everything we can to make sure you are adequately compensated. Before taking a settlement from a car insurance company, call Shamieh Law and schedule a free consultation.
How Insurance Adjusters Deceive You
While it is true that insurance plays a major role in our society, insurance adjusters are often not on your side. When an accident occurs that leaves you seriously injured or worse, you assume your insurance company will help you with your claim. But this is not always the case.
You may hear from your insurance adjuster soon after a car accident, but they often act quickly because they want to get to you before you have time to talk to a lawyer or think about your accident and what you are owed. Insurance companies want to get the issue resolved as soon as possible, which, more often than not, means you have been duped into receiving less.
Some of the other ways insurance companies deceive you include:
- They promise to get you a fair settlement when in reality they only have their best interests in mind and want to pay out as little as possible
- They advise you not to get a lawyer, saying they will get you a good settlement sooner
- They ask for you to record a statement, which they may use to derail your side of the case if it goes to court
- They advise you to allow for the adjuster to obtain your medical records, allowing them to obtain a myriad of personal details about your life
- They get you to agree to a quick settlement
- They delay payment of your claim, forcing you to deal with the struggle of mounting medical bills and lost wages
- They deny liability for paying the claim
- They dispute any damages you report
If you have been in a car accident in Dallas, we encourage you to call Shamieh Law first thing. We have your best interests in mind and will protect you from the unethical tactics many car insurance companies use to get you to receive less than what you deserve.