Unfortunately, Car Wrecks Often Prove Fatal
Car accidents happen all the time for a wide range of reasons. In today’s society, distracted driving has become a very serious problem and the reason for many preventable wrecks. Thankfully, the majority of car accidents are not fatal, although many result in serious, devastating injuries. A fatal car wreck is usually much more serious and often involves multiple vehicles, high speed, and other factors. Understanding what steps to take after these types of accidents is very important. As leading Dallas car accident attorneys, we understand how shocking and life-changing fatal accidents can be. Losing a loved one is never easy, especially in a preventable car accident.
If you have been involved in an accident that resulted in the death of a loved one, please contact Shamieh Law today and learn about filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
To reduce the number of fatal car accidents that occur in the United States, we must raise awareness about which driving behaviors are the most dangerous. The following are the most common causes of fatal car accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- Driving while tired
- Inclement weather
- Swerving or avoiding
- Reckless driving
- Failure to obey
- Careless driving
- Driving while texting and other forms of distracted driving
- Failure to yield
- Veering into another lane
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Steps to Take Following a Far Car Accident
If you have been involved in a fatal car accident, there are a few things you should do before anything else:
- Check your passengers and other drivers – Make sure those in need get medical attention and check the scene of the accident for any other victims or injuries
- Take note of the scene – Write down any details and take pictures, if possible. This will help in the event there is a lawsuit or questions about who was at-fault
- Call the police – If the police have not been called to the scene, be sure and do so. Fatal car accidents are extremely stressful and require the assistance of law enforcement
- Call a lawyer – As soon as everyone that needs help has received it and the police have been called, it’s time to start thinking about calling a lawyer. In the event someone died as a result of the accident, there’s a good chance you will need legal help. If you were at-fault in any way, this is especially the case. Furthermore, if you lost someone in a fatal car accident, you may want to consider filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Every single case is different, including those that involve fatalities. If you have been in a fatal car wreck, please contact Shamieh Law today to learn about your rights. The litigation process is often complicated and could go in many different directions, which is why you need a good lawyer by your side. Whether you are seeking a car accident settlement or want to take someone to court, let us help you – give Shamieh Law a call today.